business, cacao, carbs, Chef, chocolate, chowder, cko, cko hoboken, clean eating, clean eats, columnists, company, contest, cook, cooking, create, cuisine, dairy free, date night, dessert, dinner, eataly, education, event, explore, fall, family, farm food, figs, fit, fit food, fit foodies, fit soul and spice, fitness, fitness writer, fitspo, food art, food writer, foodie, foodies, french cuisine, french foods, fudge, fun food, giveaway, grand opening, gym, gym rat, Health, health nut, healthy, healthy cuisine, Healthy Cuisine Night, healthy date night, healthy home, hoboken, home, hot chocolate, hot yoga, ice cream, individuality, Italian, Jersey Bites, kitchen, lactose, lamb, lbi, lifestyle, long beach isalnd, long beach island, love, love to cook, marketing, meat free, meat lovers, new jersey, new year, new york city, nj running company, nutrition, olive oil, organic, PARCC, party, pie, prize, promo, quinoa, raw, raw cacao, raw food, raw vegan dessert, recipe, resolution, salad, school, sea fare, seafood, state test, summer treats, sunday dinner, teachers, Valentine's Day, vegan, vegan food, vegan life, Vegetarian, website, winter, work out, yoga, your life, your style
Winter can leave your skin feeling dry, chapped, and dehydrated. That smooth, summer glow seems so far away throughout these harsh, cold months. This can get to be a real bummer for any skin type, sometimes even to the point of painful. In addition to this, dry skin can make us feel stressed and uncomfortable – another less than ideal combination for tired looking skin.
Luckily, beginning today, readers can break this cycle…with Fit Soul and Spice’s Rehydrating Skin Mask. This at-home spa treatment will deeply and gently exfoliate and rehydrate your skin.
What’s even more wonderful about today’s recipe for healthy skin is that Fit Soul and Spice’s Rehydrating Skin Mask is 100% homemade, all natural, organic, and extremely affordable. In fact, you will probably discover the required ingredients right in your very own kitchen!
It’s as easy as 1-2-3…actually, just 1-2! All you need to do is this:
Fit Soul and Spice’s Rehydrating Skin Mask
1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
1 used k-cup, or 1 heaping tablespoon of used coffee grounds
That’s it! Turns out you can have your coffee and wear it, too!
- Combine both ingredients in a bowl, and mash up with clean, washed hands until completely mixed.
- Over a sink (I use my kitchen sink because it’s bigger and easier to work over), gently scrub the mask onto your face and neck. Be careful to avoid the eyes.
- Scrub the remaining mask into your hands. If desired, also apply to elbows or other areas prone to dry or chapped skin throughout the winter.
- Leave the mask on for 10 minutes, continuing to massage the mask into your hands.
- Over the sink (as it can become a bit messy when removing) or in the shower, use lukewarm water to gently remove the mask. As you remove it from your face, continue to scrub the mask into your face to intensify the exfoliation process.
- Pat your face gently with a washcloth until dry, and simply go on with your day, enjoying your rehydrated, soft skin.
Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean our skin should have to suffer through treacherous conditions. Try Fit Soul and Spice’s Rehydrating Face Mask to regain your glow, feel more relaxed, and to fight that winter dryness. Smooth, summery skin is only two natural ingredients away.
If you try out today’s recipe for healthy skin, be sure to post a photo and tag @fitsoulandspice on Instagram!
Stay vibrant, stay hydrated. Much love! 🙂