blog, brownies, business, cacao, carbs, Chef, chocolate, chowder, cko, cko hoboken, clean eating, clean eats, columnists, company, contest, cook, cooking, create, cuisine, dairy free, date night, dessert, dinner, eataly, event, explore, fall, family, farm food, figs, fit, fit food, fit foodies, fit soul and spice, fitness, fitness writer, fitspo, food art, food writer, foodie, foodies, french cuisine, french foods, fudge, fun food, giveaway, grand opening, gym, gym rat, Health, health nut, healthy, healthy cuisine, Healthy Cuisine Night, healthy date night, healthy home, hoboken, home, hot chocolate, hot yoga, ice cream, individuality, Italian, Jersey Bites, kitchen, lactose, lamb, lbi, lifestyle, long beach isalnd, long beach island, love, love to cook, marketing, meat free, meat lovers, new jersey, new year, new york city, nj running company, nutrition, olive oil, organic, party, pie, prize, promo, quinoa, raw, raw cacao, raw food, raw vegan dessert, recipe, resolution, salad, sea fare, seafood, summer treats, sunday dinner, vegan, vegan food, vegan life, Vegetarian, website, winter, work out, yoga, your life, your style, [Edit]Tagsbay magazine
When we bake homemade brownies, there is one point in the process that pretty much everyone looks forward to: licking the fudgy, chocolatey spoon!
What if I told you that today’s recipe, in it’s completely prepared state, remains in that soft, rich, homemade brownie batter state? Wait, there’s more…what if I ALSO told you that it’s gluten free, dairy free, and made with all natural, organic ingredients?
Imagine health benefits including rich antioxidants, lowered cholesterol, prevention of heart disease and high blood pressure, increased metabolism, vibrant skin, shiny well-conditioned hair, a high fiber intake, no unrefined sugars, and nutrient dense calories…from a brownie batter sweet treat!?
I kid you not.
Next time you are preparing a dessert for your chocolate loving family and friends, take the healthy alternative route, and try out today’s simple, hassle free recipe.
Fit Soul and Spice’s No Bake Brownie Batter Bites
Important Materials Needed: mini muffin pan, mini cupcake liners, small sauté pan, blender
1 ½ cups almond flour (finely ground almonds)
6 medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted in a sauté pan
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3 drops liquid stevia
½ cup organic coconut palm sugar
½ cup organic cacao powder
4 tablespoons organic honey
Prepare pan with 15 mini cupcake liners
1. Add to blender: almond flour, dates, cacao powder.
2. Melt coconut oil over high heat, and once melted, add to blender.
3. Add vanilla extract to blender.
4. Blend until all ingredients are combined and dates are pulverized. You will have to stop and scrape the sides a couple of times throughout.
5. Remove crust from blender using a spatula.
6. Press one heaping teaspoon of batter into each cupcake liner, molding with your fingers into a tartlet shape. Be sure to press enough to provide space to pour your filling.
7. Place in refrigerator while you prepare your filling.
1. In a sauté pan, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Once melted, reduce heat to low.
2. Once coconut oil is melted, add vanilla extract, stevia, coconut palm sugar, and cacao powder, and honey to sauté pan, stirring slowly and gently to combine all ingredients without burning.
3. Stir over low heat until cacao powder is completely melted, and filling thickens. The filling’s thickness should resemble brownie batter before going into the oven.
4. Once thickened, remove from heat and continue to stir for two minutes. Thickness will slightly increase.
– Remove crust from refrigerator. Pour filling into tartlets until ¾ full. You do not want them to overflow.
– Return to refrigerator and let sit for about two hours to harden.
– Remove from refrigerator and transfer to a dish when ready to serve.
If you make this delectable snack, please tag @fitsoulandspice on Instagram to show your final result! Happy [no bake] baking, everyone!
Stay sweet, much love… 🙂