balanced, blog, business, cacao, carbs, Chef, chocolate, chowder, cko, cko hoboken, clean eating, clean eats, company, contest, cook, cooking, create, cuisine, dairy free, date night, dessert, dinner, eataly, event, explore, fall, family, farm food, figs, fit, fit food, fit foodies, fit soul and spice, fitness, fitness writer, fitspo, food art, food writer, foodie, foodies, french cuisine, french foods, fudge, fun food, giveaway, grand opening, gym, gym rat, Health, health nut, healthy, healthy cuisine, Healthy Cuisine Night, healthy date night, healthy home, hoboken, home, hot chocolate, hot yoga, ice cream, individuality, Italian, Jersey Bites, kitchen, lactose, lamb, lifestyle, love, love to cook, marketing, meat free, meat lovers, new jersey, new year, new york city, nj running company, nutrition, olive oil, organic, party, pie, prize, promo, quinoa, raw, raw cacao, raw food, raw vegan dessert, recipe, resolution, salad, sea fare, seafood, summer treats, sunday dinner, vegan, vegan food, vegan life, Vegetarian, website, winter, work out, yoga, your life, your style
If you love caramel, cupcakes, cake, muffins, and basically anything delectable that intertwines sweet and salty, than today’s FSS recipe is a dream come true.
I’ve always loved ooooooey, goooooey caramel, but it’s typically packed with refined sugar and dairy. In fact, the ingredients are sugar, butter, and heavy cream. I have been on a mission to create a gooey, chewy, creamy caramel as delicious as the traditional recipe, except that it had to be dairy free and offer health benefits through the use of clean, natural ingredients. This was when my Sea Salted Caramel Tartlets were born.
These heavenly little cakes are a no bake, hassle free snack, and what’s even better is they’re dairy free, gluten free, and made with all natural ingredients that will break down easily and naturally in your body. Eat clean, get lean!
The perfect amount of sweet with a pinch of salty, I will you all to stock up on your clean pantry ingredients and follow this recipe ASAP! Oh, and make extras — I guarantee you’re gonna need them, especially if you have friends and family picking on them as a healthy option at your Super Bowl Sunday party!
Sea Salted Caramel Tartlets
Makes One Dozen
Important Materials Needed: mini muffin pan, mini cupcake liners, small sauté pan, blender
1 ¼ cup almond flour (finely ground almonds)
7 medjool dates, pitted
dash of cinnamon
¼ cup organic coconut palm sugar
¼ cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Sea Salted Caramel Filling:
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup organic coconut palm sugar
½ cup light vanilla soymilk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sea salt
Prepare pan with 12 mini cupcake liners
- Add to blender: almond flour, dates, cinnamon, and coconut palm sugar.
- Melt coconut oil over high heat, and once melted, add to blender.
- Add vanilla extract to blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are combined and dates are pulverized. You will have to stop and scrape the sides a couple of times throughout.
- Remove crust from blender using a spatula.
- Press one heaping teaspoon of batter into each cupcake liner, molding with your fingers into a tartlet shape. Be sure to press enough to provide space to pour your caramel filling.
- Place in refrigerator while you prepare your filling.
Sea Salted Caramel Filling:
- In a large sauté pan and on low-medium heat, add coconut oil, coconut palm sugar, and soymilk.
- Once all ingredients are melted, add vanilla extract.
- Mix ingredients constantly on low-medium heat until thickened into a brown caramel (a bourbon brown color), about 12 minutes.
Tip: To test your caramel’s readiness, scoop some up on your spatula and be sure it is gooey, soft, and droops slowly off – not runny like sugar water, and not hardening to a candy texture.
– Remove crust from refrigerator. Pour caramel filling into tartlets until ¾ full. You do not want them to overflow.
– Return to refrigerator and let sit for about two hours to harden.
– Remove from refrigerator. Before serving, sprinkle some sea salt over each tartlet to add another blast of flavor! Serve on a beautiful platter and indulge…guilt free!
Be healthy, be well, be sweet! Much love 🙂