411, about me, award, balance, bio, biography, blog, bloggers, children, childrens book, family, fit, fitsoulandspice, fitspo, friends, Health, healthy, healthy eating, healthy living, inspire, liebster, liebster blog award, lifestyle, love, love to read, love to write, motivate, nutrition, read, soul, spice, travel, up and coming blog, work hard, writer, writing
So I woke up on this beautiful Monday morning to a very flattering, exciting post! Fit Soul and Spice has been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! Thanks very much to driftingtraveller (http://driftingtraveller.me) for being gracious enough to nominate me!! It is so fulfilling to know that a fellow reader/writer believes in my blog and enjoys the content of my mission here at Fit Soul and Spice.
I wasn’t sure what the Liebster Blog Award was at first, so I headed over to driftingtraveller‘s blog to learn more about it! Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Its purpose is to get to know more about them, their blog, and their purpose for becoming a part of the blogging world. The word “Liebster” is a German word that means “beloved,” “dearest,” or “kindest.” That being said, I am so honored to have been acknowledged and nominated for this award. Congrats to all nominees, and I hope this is as motivating for them as it is for me!
There are some rules for accepting this. You have to:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Proudly present the Liebster Blog Award logo on your blog.
3. Write 11 things about yourself.
4. Answer the 11 questions asked of you by the blogger that nominated you.
5. Present it to eleven deserving blogs of 200 followers or less.
6. Post on each blog letting them know they’ve been nominated.
7. Ask your nominees 11 interesting questions.
So here it goes! Much love… 🙂
11 Things About Me
1. I collect seaglass and seashells and make handmade pieces using the things I find myself on the beach.
2. I danced for 14 years growing up (ballet, jazz, tap, theater, lyrical, hip hop, etc) and I’m still in love with it.
3. I am in the process of trying to get my children’s book published.
4. I just started my own business as a consultant for Arbonne.
5. I love to travel – long drives/flights don’t bother me, I actually enjoy them.
6. While I love everyday here on my blog, I am hoping that my purpose for blogging here leads to something bigger, allowing me to reach a wider range of people.
7. When I cook, I could feed an army – but I actually have a tiny appetite myself.
8. I prefer white roses over red, and lilies over roses.
9. I’m a gym rat. I love working out and I’m always at the gym.
10. I almost never give second chances. In my experience, people’s core character seldom changes. Life’s too short and beautiful for nonsense.
11. My family and friends mean the world to me, and I would do anything for them.
Now, my answers to 11 Questions:
- What is your favorite book or film?
That’s a tough one! Current favorite book: Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. It’s a very touching story, beautifully written, and quite entertaining, too! I love all of her books.
- Why do you blog?
Most of all, I love writing, photography, and inspiring others. For a long time I wanted to start blogging, and a lot of people were telling me I should. However, my attitude used to be “I’ll get to it” or “I have plenty of time for that.” That outlook has completely changed in the last year. If you read my Blog Bio, you’ll learn that the last year of my life has been like a crazy rollercoaster, full of unexpected tosses and turns. It was definitely more bad than good, but luckily, only positive things came from it. I had a chance a lot of people don’t get: to start over with a clean slate and a brand new attitude about this one precious life. You’ve got to make the best out of everything that happens in your life. Although I made the decision to do so, I understand that it takes strength, courage, and major support to take the path I chose. It’s not easy and I don’t judge anyone else’s life decisions – whatever makes you comfortable and happy.
Anyway, that being said, I appreciate each moment of this beautiful journey called life and all the love surrounds me, and I want to inspire others to do the same. I love sharing my stories, experiences, hobbies, and photos with others. It’s so fun! My goal in blogging is to expose my lifestyle and adventures with the world, hoping to inspire others to live a balanced, happy, fulfilling life and to embrace adventure – whatever defines that for them. I don’t at all intend to impose my values or beliefs on others through my blog. I’m just trying to share the love and spread the cause for healthy living, happiness, and having fun!
- Which is your favorite post till date?
My favorite post to date is “Journey to the Mayan Ruins.” This trip was an adventure I’d been wanting to take for years, so once I finally had the opportunity to go, it was surreal. I couldn’t wait to share it with others. My blog preaches living a fulfilling, balanced life, and to set goals and dreams that you will achieve. It also preaches sharing experiences and good stories with others, hoping to inspire them to do the same – whatever it is that defines a happy life for them. This trip is an example of what my blog stands for, and it’s proof that I practice what I preach. So, writing about this adventure and my experiences throughout was really exciting for me.
- Who inspired you to write/photograph (choose the one applicable to you)?
Growing up, I always loved writing. I’d have to say all of the teachers that believed I had talent and told me to keep writing inspired me most. It was constant support and reinforcement. The main reason I chose English as my major in college was because I preferred writing over taking tests. Test answers are right or wrong – it’s too definite and I find it to be discouraging. Writing is what you make it, and you have the freedom to have your own style. There’s more room for creativity and inspiration.
- What is your pet peeve?
Hypocrites, liars, and phonies – keep it real and practice what you preach.
- Which is your wand arm? (Sorry to be Harry Potter-ish but this is a question I have to ask. Do you favor your right or left arm?)
Being that I’m a righty who loves to write, I’d have to say I favor my right arm! Doesn’t feel right choosing though. Photography wouldn’t be the same without my left! I got nothin’ but love for them both!
- Which is your dream travel destination? (You would like to go to, or have already been to)
The list goes on and on. Right now, Europe is at the top of my list. Specifically: Italy, Spain, and Greece, in that order. I’ll get there, and when I get back, you’ll read all about it!
- How many languages do you speak, read or write?
Only English, unfortunately. However, Rosetta Stone is on my list of priorities, and learning to speak and write in Spanish is on my list of goals! Right now I can only get by in casual conversation, but it’s a start.
- Coffee or tea?
Mostly green tea. It’s benefits are much more calming and soothing to my body, mind, and lifestyle (see my blog). However, who doesn’t love an occasional cup of coffee? After a long or late night, a strong cup of coffee is the only thing that will do the trick for me.
- If you could be a fictional character, who would you be and why? (stolen from Gurgles and Woofs)
Off the top of my head, I think I’d be Ariel from The Little Mermaid. She’s a princess, she’s got great hair, a great bod, and she gets to swim around beautiful blue waters and sing with adorable little fish while she stares at hot royalty all day. Need I say more?
- Which food item makes you a glutton?
Hmm let me think about my favorite Sunday food (Sunday is my cheat day). I’d have to say, my guilty pleasure would be some sort of dessert. I have a major sweet tooth, and there’s few things better than a big coffee mug full of Ben & Jerry’s on a relaxing Sunday night. But don’t forget, I write a healthy lifestyle blog, so this only pertains to Sunday! Every other day I try to stay glutton free, and gluten free, as well! 😉